Saturday, December 29, 2007

Welcome to Common Sensibilities

This is (obviously) the first posting of Common Sensibilities, a blog by a Christian, thinking conservative. The topics on this blog will run the gamut of politics, Christianity, philosophy, science, religions, and perhaps even electronics. You never can tell what you'll see on this site. One post may be about creation vs. evolution. One post may be about the merits of Mike Huckabee as he runs for President. One post may be about the large diaphragm condenser microphones. You never know just what will pop up.

I hope to encourage lively debate. Please, don't always agree with me. I love to argue. I hope to spot sloppy logic and careless thinking. I hope to support the truth. And, as the name suggests to keep our thinking firmly rooted in common sense and Christian sensibilities.

In the first few months, politics are likely to dominate the conversation, given the fact that we are only a few days away from the first voting process for the 2008 Presidential Race. Please note, I am a Republican. But I am a thinking Christian first, then a conservative, then a Republican. If I call attention to any Republican in a negative way, it's because they are betraying conservative positions or Christian principles.

Feel free to sound off. Comments will be moderated for swearing, vulgarity or vileness, but not for disagreeing or contradicting me. If you can out debate me, it's OK. If you use cuss words or filthy language, I will not post your comments.

Welcome aboard.

No comments: