Sunday, December 30, 2007

Shame on you, Mike

Well, I hate to say it, but I am very disapointed in my man Mike Huckabee. Or at least whomever is running his campaing these last few days.

Why?

Mike has gone negative, attacking Romney first in comments to reporters and in speeches, and now on his website. It's total trash. It's a petty, rambling attack about things we already knew. It's what makes politicians look bad. It's not Mike's style and it reeks of someone different. Maybe it's Ed Rollins.

Whomever it is, they need to stop. Mike has made a big deal of not being negative in this campaign. Now, three days before a caucus, he totally blows it by posting this attack on Mitt Romney.

Don't get me wrong. Mitt Romney started this nonsense, and he's a weasel in my opinion. But Mitt totally hurt only himself with these attacks. Now Mike has to do the same thing.

If anyone in the Huckabee campaign wants an ordinary voter's advice: Stop it. Better yet, retract it; take it off the website quietly. Do something - anything - except this. This is a great way to ruin a good candidate.

I'm very seriously considering stopping my campaign activities for Huckabee. This blog will go on, but will quietly ignore the Huckabee camp. I still plan on voting for Mike, but Governor, if you're listening, turning a campaigner into a voter is not the way to win.

If it gets worse, you may turn that voter into a voter for someone else.

No comments: